This is the fourth year California has participated in the First Day Hikes program. Last year, there were nearly 1,000 hikes across the nation, with more than 41,000 visitors participating in all 50 states. California offered the most hikes in 2015 at 53 with participants hiking more than 4,900 miles.
Scheduled California State Parks 2016 First Day Hikes include (weather permitting):
Los Angeles County
- Hungry Valley State Vehicle Recreation Area (1 ride, 1 ride/hike)
- Saddleback Butte State Park (3 hikes)
- Santa Susana Pass State Historic Park (1 hike)
- Angel Island State Park (1 hike)
- Mount Tamalpais State Park (1 hike)
- MacKerricher State Park (1 hike)
- Mendocino Headlands State Park (1 hike)
- Russian Gulch State Park (1 hike)
- Van Damme State Park/Spring Ranch Unit (1 hike)
- Crystal Cove State Park (1 hike)
the First Day Hikes page on California State Parks website or call (916) 654-7538.