This new line of gourmet flavors based on the life and adventures of Ernest Hemingway is out! The traveler and writer in me are equally overjoyed :) Each flavor is based on Hemingway’s epic travels and exciting life - a zingy cocktail sauce, a sweet yet hot grilling sauce, a smoky hot sauce, a sea salt with a citrusy, garlic tang, and a distinctive Bloody Mary Mix - E.H. Gourmet has brought the legendary life and work of Hemingway to the table!
• The ISLANDS Cocktail Sauce is based on Hemingway’s years in Key West where he lived from 1931 to 1939 and wrote “The Snows of Kilimanjaro” and “The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber,” and also the novel "To Have And Have Not", which is set in depression-era Key West. In addition to the traditional ingredients most often found in a cocktail sauce, they’ve added a small amount of lemon and lime zest for extra zing.
• The HUNT Grilling Sauce is inspired by Hemingway’s adventures hunting the region of Lake Manyara, Tanzania. The sauce contains native African spices and fruits, including African bird’s eye, paprika, Hoisin, which contains tamarind, mandarin oranges and mango. Added to a tomato and pepper base, they give a sweet flavor on the front with a little bite on the back.
• The BULL Hot Sauce is based on Hemingway’s experience running with the bulls in Pamplona, Spain and his novels "The Sun Also Rises" and "Death in the Afternoon". Infusion of smoked Spanish paprika makes all the difference.
• The SEA SALT is based on Hemingway’s times in Havana, where he wrote much of "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "The Old Man and the Sea". Infused with a tempting hint of citrus and a touch of garlic for that something extra.
• The SUN Always Rises Bloody Mary Mix is based on Hemingway’s ex-patriot days with other writers and artists at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris, France, where the original recipe for the Bloody Mary was concocted. Adding more spices and a dollop of Dijon mustard gives it its distinctive flavor.
For more information, visit here. Currently sold only in Virginia through Taste Unlimited gourmet stores but available for sale online from September 1st and perfect for Labor day and other fall grilling occasions. I think these are great gifts for friends who love to cook, travel, write!
Sharing a few products that I love. Some are affiliate links, some are not, some I was introduced to and some I happened to chance upon. Enjoy!