Celebrated purely out of my love for good old white bread. Yes, I hear it is unhealthy and I almost never eat it though I could survive on just white bread for the rest of my life if I had to. If I do eat a sandwich then white bread is my choice. You can never go wrong ordering a sandwich for me ever. But I digress. Today is not about me, its about the bread, so lets talk best sandwiches ever eaten in my travel life thus far! Maybe some of these are on your list too?
1. My all-time favorite sandwich is a tuna salad sandwich. Always does the trick.
2. My all-time snack sandwich I fix up at home is a simple cucumber and tomato sandwich, no butter, no seasoning, just the bread and the veggies.
3. A grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup has become an American favorite. If its on the menu at a restaurant, I will possibly head straight for that option no matter how many other delicious offerings are available.
4. A fried egg sandwich is my Indian staple. Just an egg fried both sides, seasoned with salt and pepper and sandwiched between some equally sliced bread.
5. An L.A favorite is the sandwich from Eggslut. Any sandwich really but the egg salad sandwich is quite the piece of work. Head to their Grand Central Market location to confer.
6. The sandwiches at the train station in Tokyo and Kyoto during my trip to Japan were pretty awesome too. Quick, easy, cheap meal you can pick-up at many stores. Interestingly they all had their edges cut out...hmmmm...wonder what that's about!
7. Loved the little teeny sandwiches you can grab and go available all over Stockholm. I don't know if there is a name for it but most of them were simple cucumber and cheese sandwiches and I loved picking up one as I strolled through the area.
8. Sandwiches were a boon during our road trip through Italy where some of the smaller towns along the way did not really have many English speaking staff at the café. Pointing to different sandwiches was about as far as we got, many had some form of chicken salad that were good enough for me!
9. A good chicken salad sandwich is hard to resist though. Especially the way they make it in Atlanta, GA with the raisins and celery thrown in the mix. Also probably the only time I like celery in my food.
10. Moving to the sweeter side of things though, nothing can put a smile so big on my face as a Nutella sandwich, bananas optional!
I am probably eating a sandwich while you are reading this. What sandwich did you celebrate with? Let me know in the comments below and do share any fave recipes/recommendations too!
Sharing a few products that I love. Some are affiliate links, some are not, some I was introduced to and some I happened to chance upon. Enjoy!